How to Play PS2 Games on Android Smoothly Without Lag
How to Play PS2 Games on Android-On Android smartphones there are lots of games that you can choose from and all of them provide a different kind of fun. Say like PUBG, Mobile Legend, Free Fire, and many other very exciting series.
However, there are times when you definitely want to play games that come from the PS2 console and look for ways to play PS2 games on Android that are not complicated. This is just for the sake of nostalgia or maybe just curious about the games on the console.
The reason is, the games that have been on the Play Station console from the past can’t be played on any device. However, because the times are getting more sophisticated and many people are starting to innovate, this is not an impossible thing to do.
But of course, you have to know exactly how to do it in order to succeed. Because, even though it is not complicated, for beginners, of course, it will be very confused with the tutorial that will be shared.
Things You Need to Play PS2 Games on Android
Well, for those of you who are really curious about playing PS2 games on Android, here are some tutorials that you can do. Let’s see more.
Previously you had to know that in order to play games from the PS2 console on Android, you had to download an emulator first. There are many emulators that you can use, such as Play! and also RetroArch.
The two emulators can be downloaded for free, but some have to be paid for, such as DamonPS2 Pro. Well, besides that, if you already have a PS2 game cassette on Android, you can immediately convert it to an ISO file through the UltraISO application.
Or if it’s too complicated, you can just download the games through several sites that provide PS2 ISO games such as RomsMania, CoolROM, PortalRoms and so on.
You also need a cheap version of a gaming phone so you can play without having to worry about lag. At least the specifications of the cellphone must be an Octa-core chipset with at least 4GB of RAM.
How to Play PS2 Games on Android without Lag
There are several options for those of you who want to try playing PS2 games on this Android smartphone. For more details, Loop.co.id friends, see the review.
Play with the Play Emulator!
This application although not the best but quite light to use on Android. As for the tutorial, let’s see below directly.
- Download emulator Play!
- Then also download some ISO game files via the site mentioned above.
- If the file is in the form of a ZIP, then you can first extract the file.
- Open the Play app!
- Click the 3 line icon in the top corner.
- Please select the Unsorted option to view some PS2 games that you have downloaded.
- But if there is a problem with the game not being able to exit, then you have to do another way, namely by clicking Settings then UI Settings then Rescan Storage.
- Later on the Unsorted page, you can choose the PS2 games that you have downloaded.
- Then just wait until the process is complete and you can play directly on your Android phone.
Well, it’s actually very easy, isn’t it? After you finish playing you can also exit the game easily, just swipe the screen and select the Exit menu, then you’re done.
Play with RetroArch Em Emulator
The next emulator that you can try is RetroArch, which is not only limited to the PS2 console, but also other classic game consoles. You can follow the tutorial below using RetroArch.
- Download the RetroArch emulator first.
- The ISO file of the game to be played must be available and the method has been explained above.
- Open the RetroArch application, select Load Core then select Download a Core again.
- You can scroll to the bottom of the screen and find the Sony – Play Station 2 (Play!) option, after clicking this option, you can wait for the download to finish first.
- When finished, click the Back icon to return to the main screen, then select the Load Core menu again and click the Sony – Play Station 2 (Play!) option.
- If you are returned to the main screen, then the next thing you can do is click Load Content then select which game you want to play.
- So, have fun playing PS2 games on your phone!
To exit the game, you just need to click on the mascot icon from RetroArch in the top center. Then select the Close Content option if you want to stop playing.
Now you can play PS2 games as you like without having to own the console. The reason is that the PS2 console is now quite rarely found and replaced by the latest version of the Play Station.
Even old game cassettes are now not found much anymore. There are also those who are willing to buy expensive ones just to collect cassettes from old game consoles.
Reasons to Play PS2 Games on Android
Junebe there is no special reason to play PS2 games on Android. Solely just for the sake of eliminating curiosity or just for nostalgia for old games.
Besides Play! and RetroArch, you can also find other emulators on the internet. There are also free ones and some are paid as described above.
Of course, paid emulators have more interesting features than free ones. However, if there are still free and easy ones, you will definitely prefer this free emulator, right?
Can I Play PS2 Games on Android without an Emulator?
Basically the PS2 and Android game formats are different. So if you don’t use the emulator as an intermediary, then you can’t do that. But apart from the applications we have mentioned above, there are still other application options that you can use.
Choose the emulator that suits your device. Thus, your device is not burdened by the presence of the emulator.
The final word
So, here are some ways to play PS2 games on Android. Hopefully the above discussion can be useful for those of you who want to play games from the console.