How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Chats With Google Drive
Currently the latest version of WhatsApp already has features backup and restore from google drive. So users don’t have to worry about accidentally touching the button delete which caused the disappearance chat history.
But to do backup and restore with google drive, first check first at Menu Settings – Chat – Chat backup. If there appears the Google Drive Settings option, it means that your WhatsApp application supports this feature.
But if your WhatsApp application doesn’t appear, you can update it via the link provided at the end of the article.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chats With Google Drive
In the following, the author will provide a tutorial for doing this backup conversation on WhatsApp:
1. Open the WhatsApp application then select Menu Settings – Chat – Chat backup.
2. Connect WhatsApp with Google Drive by touching the option Back up to Google Drive. Define interval backup you want (daily, weekly, or monthly).
3. After selecting the interval earlier, next tap choice Account to enter your Google account.
4. To do a backup you can press the button BACK UP and wait for the process to do your data processing.
Tips: Before doing backup make sure your internet connection is smooth and if necessary delete conversations that you don’t think are too important so that the files that are downloadedbackup not too big and process upload will be faster.
How to Restore WhatsApp Chats With Google Drive
If you have done backup with Google Drive like the steps above and want to restore or get back your conversations on WhatsApp, then here are the steps:
1. Delete the WhatsApp application then reinstall it. If you don’t want to be bothered, you can simply delete the data contained in the Menu Settings – Application Manager – WhatsApp – Clear Data. So that later your WhatsApp number will be deleted.
2. Open the WhatsApp application then register a new account again using your same mobile number as before.
3. Wait for the SMS containing the incoming verification code and verify when you have received the code. Then after that an option will appear to do it Restore your conversation. Then select Next and wait until the process download finished.
That was the way tobackup and me-restore conversations on WhatsApp with deleted Google Drive. Hopefully this article is useful for loyal Inwepo readers. Greetings from the author.